Become capable of dealing with one of the most challenging aspects of modern medicine when you take this course focusing on Verification of Death Training for Nurses. Delivering the confirmation of a fatality and ensuring that administrative and forensic procedures are carried out is a necessary and vital part of the nursing practice. You can gain a unique awareness of the essential routines and activities that need to be performed at this emotional time.
All the content of each online module has been written with the assistance of experts and offer vital medical details and advice about the procedure. You will learn the legal requirements needed to formally declare a death, how to prepare for an expected death, and the basic principles and equipment needed to adhere to the process. The course also covers mandatory administration during a passing, clinical examination that may be required, and roles of forensic nursing that may be invoked during proceedings.
Key Topics to Be Covered
- The definition of “legal death” and the ethical considerations during an examination
- Preparing for an expected death with an individual that is terminally ill or injured
- Natural and “unexpected” causes for the death of an individual
- Full details of the death verification process and forensic considerations
- Registering and documenting a death certificate
- Instant access to details regarding medical fatality routines
- Participation in theoretical medical exercises
- Quick assessment and guidance for all subjects
- CPD accreditation for proof of acquired skills and knowledge
- Freedom to study in any location and at a pace that suits you
- Expert support from dedicated tutors committed to online learning
Your Path to Success
By completing the Verification of Death Training for Nurses course, you will gain an acute understanding of specific activities required from nursing personnel during a passing. This can help support the pursuit of a role within healthcare practices or supplement existing medical training.
Is This Course Right for You?
This course is designed to introduce the concepts around death verification for medical staff. As such, it provides an appropriate way to gain the vital skills needed to perform this process with equivalent medical training. Full-time and part-time learners are equally supported, and it can take just 20 to 30 hours to gain accreditation, with study periods being entirely customisable to your needs.
Assignments relating to forensic verification and clinical administration will be given to all students and must be completed to pass the course successfully.
|Module 01: Introduction to Verification of Death|
|Introduction to Verification of Death||00:11:00|
|Module 02: Legal Considerations|
|Module 03: Expected Death|
|Module 04: Natural Cause of Death|
|Natural Cause of Death||00:13:00|
|Module 05: Verification of Unexpected Death|
|Verification of Unexpected Death||00:17:00|
|Module 06: Process for Verifying a Death|
|Process for Verifying a Death||00:15:00|
|Module 07: Role of Forensic Nurse|
|Role of Forensic Nurse||00:17:00|
|Module 08: Clinical & Forensic Examination|
|Clinical & Forensic Examination||00:12:00|
|Module 09: Certification & Documentation|
|Certification & Documentation||00:11:00|
|Assignment – Verification of Death Training for Nurses||00:00:00|