Safeguarding Adults is the attempt to protect adults’ rights. Safeguarding adults helps to protect vulnerable adults from abuse and negligence. To stop the risks of abuse or neglect, adults’ opinions, desires, spirits and beliefs are promoted.
The Safeguarding Adults Level 1 course is designed to provide you with knowledge of the basics of safeguarding adults, safeguarding categories, response and key legislations. This course will help you to understand the overall process of safeguarding young adults 18 years of age and over.
From this course, you will learn how to support victims, how to help victims taking judicial support, safeguarding duties, self-neglect, prevention and protection of abuse. To ensure the protection of adults’ right around you, enrol in the Safeguarding Adults Level 1 course and become an expert in safeguarding adults.
Key Topics to Be Covered
- What is Safeguarding? Who is a Vulnerable Adult?
- When is Safeguarding Used? Why is Safeguarding Important?
- What is Abuse?
- Identifying an Adult at Risk and Adult Abuse. Where Does Abuse Occur?
- Physical, Psychological, Emotional, Financial, Institutional & Sexual Abuse
- Recognising the Signs of Abuse
- How to Respond and Report to Abuse
- How to Raise Concerns about Abuse
- Self-Neglect, Prevention and Protection of Abuse
- Safeguarding Responsibilities, Duty to Safeguard and Promoting Adult Welfare
- Supporting People to Exercise Choice and Control
- About Dementia: Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Awareness and Misunderstanding
- Introduction to Different Acts
- When does the MCA apply?
- Learn the fundamental principles of safeguarding adults
- Understand abuse, its categories and the responding procedure to abuse
- Know the safeguarding responsibilities
- Learn about dementia, its symptoms and diagnosis
- Familiarise with some judicial safeguarding acts
Your Path to Success
If you want to ensure an abuse-free environment around you, then the Safeguarding Adults Level 1 course is a perfect match for you. You can support adults suffering from different forms of abuse. You will have an excellent understanding of dementia care, diagnosis and several legislations associated with the support of victims.
This Safeguarding Adults Level 1 course will help you backup and support adult victims to get all the help they need to get back to normal life.
Improve your Safeguarding skills with our expert guidance. The skills gained from the Safeguarding Adults Level 1 course means you will be able to adapt to various situations, challenges and risks in your profession.
Skills You Will Gain
- Dementia support
- Knowledge of key legislation
Is This Safeguarding Adults Level 1 Course Right for You?
If you’re looking to become a teacher or work in a role that includes adults safeguarding duties, then the Safeguarding Adults Level 1 is the exact match for you.
After course completion, you will receive a certificate in Safeguarding Adults Level 1 course. You can also add this skill to your resume to stand out to prospective employers.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol this course, which can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis using any device from anywhere. Enrol in this course to learn the safeguarding skills and advance your career.
Upon passing the course, you will receive proper certification that is accredited by IAO and CPD and universally accepted. You can order your certificate at a cost of £10 for PDF and £29 for hardcopy certificate or both for £39.
|Module 1: Safeguarding Adults Basics|
|Safeguarding Adults Basics||00:10:00|
|Module 2: Abuse of Adults|
|Abuse of Adults||00:09:00|
|Module 3: Categories of Abuse|
|Categories of Abuse||00:11:00|
|Module 4: Responding to Abuse|
|Responding to Abuse||00:10:00|
|Module 5: Safeguarding Duties and Responsibilities|
|Safeguarding Duties and Responsibilities||00:23:00|
|Module 6: Dementia Care|
|Module 7: Safeguarding and Mental Capacity|
|Safeguarding and Mental Capacity||00:16:00|
|Module 8: Other Key Legislations|
|Other Key Legislations||00:13:00|
No Reviews found for this course.
- 1 year
- Number of Units8
- Number of Quizzes0
- 2 hours