Discover the importance of x-ray technology and learn how to use the associated machines with care and efficiency when you take our comprehensive Radiography course. X-rays have been critical in helping medicine and science gain an understanding of the skeletal system and workings of the inner body. With this training, you can gain an acute awareness of the history of radiography, along with the physics and practical uses that it’s put to in medical facilities and dental practices.
The contents of each online module provide an in-depth explanation of the science regarding x-rays and how to use them without causing harm to yourself or others. You will be shown how the first radiographic images were produced, how radiobiology operates, and how medical and dental radiography has become essential for practices worldwide. Additionally, you will also be taught how to protect yourself from radiation during radiographic examinations and how to safely x-ray different parts of the human body for analysis.
Key Topics to Be Covered
- The history and physics of radiology and x-ray technology
- Effects of radiology on DNA and molecular radiobiology
- Preventing patients and operators from receiving high doses of radiation
- Digital and computer-generated forms of radiography
- Taking radiographic images from all areas of the human body
- Instant access to the latest developments involving x-ray technology
- Full participation in interactive exercises regarding radiography uses
- Quick assessment and guidance for all related subjects and research
- CPD accreditation for proof of acquired skills and knowledge
- Freedom to study in any location and at a pace that suits you
- Expert support from dedicated tutors committed to online learning
Your Path to Success
By completing the training in the Radiography course, you will be able to significantly demonstrate your acquired knowledge of x-ray machinery and know the steps needed to operate the equipment safely. This can be used for research or employment in appropriate medical or science-based career paths.
Is This Course Right for You?
This course is designed to introduce the principles of x-rays and their use in science and medicine. As such, it offers an excellent way to gain the vital skills needed to advance in a career in working with medical or dental practitioners. Full-time and part-time learners are equally supported, and it can take just 20 to 30 hours to gain accreditation, with study periods being entirely customisable to your needs.
Assignments relating to x-ray imagery and radiation safety will be given to all students and must be completed to pass the course successfully.
|Module 01: An Introduction to Radiographic Science|
|An Introduction to Radiographic Science||00:43:00|
|Module 02: Radiological Physics|
|Module 03: Radiobiology|
|Module 04: Radiation Protection|
|Module 05: The Digital Radiographic Image|
|The Digital Radiographic Image||00:18:00|
|Module 06: Dental Radiography|
|Module 07: Radiography of Different Body Parts|
|Radiography of Different Body Parts||00:22:00|
|Assignment – Radiography||00:00:00|