Learn how to identify and provide immediate support for those with potentially life-affecting conditions with our important Concussion and Brain Injury Awareness course. Blows to the head and accidents affecting the cranium can deliver devastating injuries that are not always visible or apparent. Despite the protective casing of the skull, the human brain can undergo serious damage, and you can be taught how to identify the first scenes of this and react accordingly.
The contents of these online modules have been written with the assistance of experts and provide vital information about potential brain injuries. You will be shown how to spot definitive signs of concussion and the ways in which ABI (Acquired Brain Injury) can manifest in emotional or physical symptoms. The effects of sports-related injuries to the head are also explored, alongside effective rehabilitation and preventative techniques. This is the ideal training for those interested in sports injuries or first aid principles.
Key Topics to Be Covered
- Essential factors affecting traumatic and acquired brain injuries
- Causes and signs of severe concussion in a person
- Reasons for ABI and the effects it can have on a person
- Common head injuries in contact and team sport activities
- Rehabilitation exercises and preventative measures for head injuries
- Instant access to the latest information regarding brain injuries
- Participation in interactive medical diagnostic exercises
- Quick assessment and guidance for all subjects
- CPD accreditation for proof of acquired skills and knowledge
- Freedom to study in any location and at a pace that suits you
- Expert support from dedicated tutors committed to online learning
Your Path to Success
By completing the Concussion and Brain Injury Awareness course training, you will gain an acute understanding of cranial wounds and conditions. This can then be utilised in combination with sports coaching roles or general first aid.
Is This Course Right for You?
This course is designed to introduce the concepts around Concussion and Brain Injury Awareness and their associated practices. It offers an excellent way to gain the vital skills needed to advance in personal care and first aid. Full-time and part-time learners are equally supported, and it can take just 20 to 30 hours to gain accreditation, with study periods being entirely customisable to your needs.
Assignments relating to concussion symptoms and ABIs will be given to all students and must be completed to pass the course successfully.
|Module 01: Introduction To Brain Injury|
|Introduction To Brain Injury||00:15:00|
|Module 02: Concussion Awareness|
|Module 03: Acquired Brain Injury|
|Acquired Brain Injury||00:17:00|
|Module 04: Sports-related Concussion And Brain Injury|
|Sports-related Concussion And Brain Injury||00:20:00|
|Module 05: Rehabilitation|
|Module 06: Prevention|
|Assignment – Concussion and Brain Injury Awareness||00:00:00|