Discover how to turn a house into an ideal home and become capable of renovating the humblest of properties with our helpful DIY Home Improvement course. The ability to perform a wide range of repairs and upgrades to existing premises can be equally valuable, whether you work as a property developer or decorator or are just an ambitious homeowner. With this training, you can excel as a jack-of-all-trades around a house and ensure that a living space reaches its full potential.
Becoming a DIY specialist requires the capability to work in more than one area and can involve the ability to perform multidisciplinary practices. You will learn how to develop interior designs, paint and fix walling, install doors and windows, plumbing enhancements, and electrical repairs. Additionally, you will also be shown how to work on outdoor or gardening projects, prevent pest infestation, and remove the possibility of rot. This is an all-encompassing tutorial, which could radically improve your creative and practical skills forever.
Key Topics to Be Covered
- Essential considerations for home improvements and interior designing
- Papering, painting, and repairing walls
- Repairing and installing all types of windows and doors
- Working on plumbing, electrical systems, and garden patios
- Installing home security and fire safety alarms
- Instant access to professional DIY techniques
- Participation in theoretical housing repair and maintenance exercises
- Quick assessment and guidance for all academic repair assignments
- CPD accreditation for proof of acquired skills and knowledge
- Freedom to study in any location and at a pace that suits you
- Expert support from dedicated tutors committed to online learning
Your Path to Success
When you complete the DIY Home Improvement course, you will gain the practical knowledge and ability to apply and offer repair work in multiple fields. This will provide the impetus to be able to secure and obtain regular assignments as a general maintenance worker or repair person.
Is This Course Right for You?
This course is designed to provide a valuable introduction to the multiple disciplines and practical knowledge needed for DIY work. As such, it delivers an excellent way to gain the necessary skill set to perform this work on a contracting or personal basis. Full-time and part-time learners are equally supported, and it can take just 20 to 30 hours to gain accreditation, with study periods being entirely customisable to your needs.
Assignments relating to repair work and interior designs will be given to all students and must be completed to pass the course successfully.
|Module 01: Introduction to Home Improvement|
|Introduction to Home Improvement||00:22:00|
|Module 02: Paint Job|
|Module 03: Walls|
|Module 04: Doors and Windows|
|Doors and Windows||00:29:00|
|Module 05: Electrical Fixtures|
|Module 06: Outdoor Projects|
|Module 07: Plumbing|
|Module 08: Damp, Rots, and Pests|
|Damp, Rots, and Pests||00:17:00|
|Module 09: Home Safety|
|Assignment – DIY Home Improvement||00:00:00|